Saturday, December 13, 2008

I found this recipe today on A Year of Crockpoting and it looked so good! I modified it a bit out of necessity. My modifications are in italics.

Apricot Chicken

--11 oz jar of apricot preserves (I used 1/2 apricot, 1/2 peach)
--1 t dried minced onion flakes
--1 T dijon mustard (didn't have any, so I used dry mustard and used less)
--1 T soy sauce (I didn't have quite this much, maybe 1/2 T)
--1/4 t ginger
--1/4 to 1/2 t red chili flakes (optional)
--6 chicken thighs or equivalent body parts (I used boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breasts)

The Directions.

--Drop the chicken into your crockpot.
--in a small bowl, mix all the other stuff
--pour on top of the chicken

cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-6--if your chicken isn't frozen, your dinner will cook faster.

serve with white or brown rice and veggies.


post signature

2 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

You always have good recipes here :)

Anonymous said...

how did it do in the slow cooker?