Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mom's Corn Bread Dressing

I have been going through my recipe binder looking for my holiday favorites and I want to share our family's dressing recipe with you. My mom has always made this on Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings. I love the smell of the onions and celery sauteing. It smells like the holidays to me!

1 cup chopped celery
a little bit of chopped onion
1 stick margarine (I use real butter instead)
2 pans cornbread, cooled and crumbled
2 cans chicken broth or homemade broth from the freezer
2 eggs, beaten
4 tsp poultry seasoning
2-3 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Saute celery and onion in butter. Combine celery and onion with other ingredients. Toss until moist. Put in pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Yum-O!

No comments: